Category Archives: Small Electrical

Ego Electronic cigarette Ego-T

Electronic cigarette in a green blister pack with USB charger. The cut-off device of battery charger fails to work to prevent lithium battery from overcharging, this could cause the device to overheat and explode or catch fire
Read more

Apple SMALL ELECTRICAL iPod nano

Apple has determined that, in very rare cases, the battery in the iPod nano (1st generation) may overheat and pose a safety risk. Affected iPod nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006.
Read more

Superdrug Hair Irons 387932

Pink hair styling irons labelled as "ghd" which were sold in Superdrug stores between Sunday 3rd August, and Wednesday 17th September 2008 are COUNTERFEIT and may breach minimum electrical safety standards and therefore risk serious injury and/or damage to property.
Read more

TRESemmé Philips Hairdryer HP4829

In very rare cases, the hairdryer can overheat when left plugged into the electrical connection. This poses, a potential fire hazard, even when the appliance is switched off.
Read more

ALDI SMALL ELECTRICAL 1258, 2794

We have discovered a potential safety problem with the power cable on the above Ionic Hairdryer. In a very small number of cases the power cable when in use could cause an electrical safety hazard.
Read more

Philips Hot Air Brush HP 4406

A warning to owners of the Phillips Hot Air Brush, model HP 4406, has appeared in an advert, which says that the model may develop faults after a period of usage which could be a safety risk.
Read more

Super Home Power Extension

One metre extension lead with 2 mains plug sockets and 4 USB output sockets. Packaged in clear plastic with printed cardboard backing. Risk: Electric shock and Fire
Read more

Boots SMALL ELECTRICAL 47-15-187

We've discovered that, due to a manufacturing defect, a small number of these products may not have adequate ventilation. This could lead to the unit overheating.
Read more

B&Q SMALL ELECTRICAL BQDC20

Despite rigorous quality control procedures it has been brought to B&Q’s attention that in some instances the product poses a potential fire safety risk.
Read more

EE Power Bar

They are taking this action because they are aware of a very small number of further incidents where Power Bars have overheated in circumstances that could cause a fire safety risk.
Read more

CMP Charger CMP 2000

A potential safety issue has been identified with regard to our CMP 2000 charger range (used on Mobility Wheelchairs, Scooters, Leisure) which may in certain circumstances catch fire.
Read more

ALDI SMALL ELECTRICAL 57718

Aldi is recalling some Tevion Universal Power Adaptors they have sold. The internal wiring of the mains plug is faulty and poses a safety hazard.
Read more

Travelmasters Travel Adapters

Travelmasters Continental Mosquito Killer - 5014716000020 Travelmasters USA/Australia/Canada/ New Zealand Travel Adapter - 5014716000266 Travelmasters USA/Canada Mosquito Killer - 5014716000099 Travelmasters Continental Travel Adapter - 5014716000013
Read more

IBM Power Adapter A40910B

A fault has been found with some sample adapters where the two pieces of plastic enclosing the electrics are not adequately fastened together and could come apart which may cause a potential shock hazard.
Read more

HP LS-15 AC Power cord

Black AC power cord provided with notebook and mini notebook computers and accessories such as docking stations between September 2010 and June 2012. Risk of cable overheating, presenting a risk of fire and burns.
Read more

Boots Mobile Baby Listener

Following continuing quality analysis by Adam Leisure Limited, supplier of the product, the remote possibility has been detected that the mains adapter only, which is supplied with the product, may not operate correctly.
Read more

Tesco Christmas lights

Recall due to a potential electrical safety issue. Products affected: Outdoor 10m Multifunction Rope Lights Outdoor Multifunction Snowflake Silhouette Outdoor Multifunction Merry Christmas Silhouette Outdoor Reindeer Silhouette Outdoor Santa Silhouette Outdoor Skiing Penguin Silhouette Outdoor Snowman Silhouette
Read more

Ikea Lights STRÅLA

STRÅLA tinsel tree lights does not fulfil safety regulations. When changing a bulb the tinsel can get into the lamp socket. This may cause an electrical shock.
Read more

Halfords 12 Volt Car Kettle

Following the discovery of an electrical fault in a limited number of its own brand 12 volt car kettles, Halfords announces it has decided to withdraw this product from sale.
Read more